15 May 2014

Who Am I?

This week, I faced another interesting Communications assignment. Frequently, when doing coursework, we are asked to introduce ourselves in various ways- cross-culturally, through graphic design, in a journalistic piece, in public relations, etc. 

So, I did my homework and did it excellently, as is my M.O. A few hours later, I found myself singing the songs of Easter Sunday 2014: namely, this
And a hymn we sang at my church before Holy Communion that Sunday:

"Jesus lives again, Earth can breathe again, pass the word around, loaves abound!"

And in singing these songs again, and thinking about how God continues to write my life story in the midst of struggle, I began to have this thought:

My name is Krystle, and I am a woman of Easter. 

When I was a kid, people called me stupid- but I rose above it. 

I was abused in every way imaginable at home, but I kept going anyway. 

The church world told me that I was not spiritually mature enough to be one of them, but I kept going. 

Someone told me I was too lazy to ever survive in the real world, but I'm working hard today. 

People I love walked out on me, but I just learn to love harder. 

People said I was selfish, but I just keep giving anyway. 

No matter what life throws at me, with God's help I smile and persevere anyway. 

My name is Krystle, and I am a woman of Easter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment